8.14.2010

resort2011.

I went over to style.com to check out what's new on the runways. I never have a chance to sit down and look through them like I used to. I do become melancholy when thinking about the amount of free time I have to sit around and look at beautiful clothing....because it is close to zero. I also know myself when it comes to these things. If I click on one show, I can't hold back. No matter what is going on at that moment I must stop and go through as many as possible without blinking or moving. (mouth hanging open, face very close to screen) It's all or nothing baby.

Do you think there's a padded room for those afflicted with an addiction to fashion? Something to think about.

Anyways. I found a ton of dramatic, colorful, mouth-watering ensembles to share. I love that resort collections are always so versatile. From swimsuits to jackets to tanks to gowns...you can find everything.

I must say, though, looking through these collections has made me realize that my taste is growing. Don't get me wrong, I'm always going to enjoy the abstract. the eccentric. the bright. the obnoxious stuff but I do feel a certain sophistication taking hold. I can't articulate it yet, but my fashion brain certainly feels different.

Enough about me...feast your eyes of these beauties.

Naeem Khan

Moschino

This olive/salmon combination is spot on and I was happy to find it sprinkled through many collections.

Moschino

Monique Lhuillier

MaxMara

Matthew Williamson

Stella McCartney

Reem Acra

Philosophy

Those shoes are stupid cute. biker meets debutante.

Philosophy

Yves Saint Laurent

Suno

Suno

Marni

Marni

This look remind me of L.A.M.B. I love the chunky shoes, the pinstripe, the ties, the gray. perfect score.

Isaac Mizrahi

J. Mendel

Kenzo

This line is currently moving up on my the list of favs. I love the vivid colors and the flirty details that are a mainstay in the collections.

Kenzo

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Collette Dinnigan

The Jetsons meet Mad Men. Give that girl a cigarette and a flying car.

Cynthia Rowley

Dsquared

Erin Fetherston

Erin Fetherston

Bottega Veneta

Chris Benz

Chris Benz

Chris Benz
Chris Benz

Chris Benz is really turning out some serious keepers. I'm currently obsessed with this designer and there will most likely be more posts to come on this one. The draping of his clothing is flawless; it hangs on the body perfectly. The color combinations scream Powder Puff Girls+Mary Tyler Moore. Hello?? Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment