8.24.2010

orangebeach.

Went on a much needed vacation last week to the beach. It was everything a beach trip is supposed to be.....seafood, sunshine, shopping. I came back rejuvenated and relaxed. It really was exactly what I needed, no matter how cliche that sounds.

This was the view from our balcony.
lazy river = most brilliant invention ever.

We went out to a fancy dinner one night so I decided to clean myself up a bit.

Dress: Anthropologie (as seen here)
Shoes: Moda via Stein Mart
Scarf: Banana Republic Outlet
Earrings: gift via Etsy
Sunglasses: Chanel



I did work on my tan quite a bit, and by that I mean sit in a beach chair with my face buried in The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, in a giant hat, and plenty of sunscreen. I walked along the beach too...picking up shells and squeamishly running from crabs and sting rays close to the shore. I'm not so good around ocean animals with claws and such who are easily agitated. You can call me a baby, I call it smart. I mean haven't you seen that commercial..."We know more about the moon than the ocean". Enough said.


Dress: Forever 21
Swimsuit: Sand N Sun via my aunt
Flip Flops: Target
Hat: Scala
Sunglasses: RayBan
Bag: I bought this from a street vendor in Venice.

I love this reusable shopping bag and it packs down to the size of a tiny ball. It was an impulse purchase but I've used it a ton. It was quite useful at the end of my 3 week trip to Europe when the wine bottles procured would just no longer fit into my giant overpacked bag. Since then I've used it as a purse, an over night bag, for the groceries...and now a beach bag.

I bet you were wondering what's in it.

Beach Towel
Water Bottle
Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm
Apple
Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunscreen SPF 70+
Amazon Kindle w/ case
Shells

Shortly after my beachbumness was captured for all of Meep to see...I was meet with this. I had just gotten settled in the sun when in rushed in and ruined it all. It was the last day and such a bummer.

I still had an awesome time. I'm pretty easy to please though. Any trip that takes me to a town with an outlet mall is okay by me. Here's a sneak peak of some of the finds I scored. Bargain shopping. What a rush.



(Calvin Klein panties are where it's at ladies. Get some.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! You have a talented eye for great pictures and great fashion! I'm still very jealous of your vacation as well.

    (Had to edit due to multiple spelling errors...agh!)

    ReplyDelete